Family/Child Education Advocacy Program provides assistance to families in need of support for special education concerns and resource information. The Family/Child Education Advocate supports the child’s right to a Free Appropriate Public Education.
Family/Child Education Advocates help:
- Providing individual assistance to those who need help navigating the special education system.
- Troubleshooting general concerns about a student’s school experience.
- Attending meetings or mediation.
- Help with behavioral intervention ideas.
- Serve as a liaison between the school and the family.
Family/Child Education Advocacy is provided to the following school districts:
- Big Beaver Falls
- Central Valley
- New Brighton
- Western Beaver