Beaver County HealthChoices Ombudsman
Provides assistance to adults, children, teens, and their families who are residents of Beaver County and recipients of mental health and/or substance use services through the network of Beacon Health Options (f/k/a Value Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania). The Ombudsman helps educate individuals about their rights and responsibilities as it relates to behavioral health treatment and helps to resolve issues through complaint and grievance procedures.
As a member of Beacon Health Options you have:
- The right to be treated with respect and dignity.
- The right to privacy concerning medical records and conversations with people who give you care.
- The right to choose providers from a Beacon Health Options providers list.
- The right to receive services without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or ethnic background.
- The right to see your medical records and talk about them with your provider.
- The right to make a complaint or file a grievance about your care or the services you receive without any type of punishment.
- The right to take part in decisions about your care.
The HealthChoices Ombudsman program is funded through Beacon Health Options, United Way of Beaver County, Mental Health Association in Beaver County.
- Beaver County
- Mental Health Association: (724) 775-4165