The goal of the Representative Payee Program is to promote a higher level of independent living through guidance, education, and support to prevent eviction, loss of utility services, lack of food, debts and financial exploitation. Our Representative Payees work with individuals to create a budget that ensures that basic needs are met. After the application process, the Payee is designated to receive an individual’s Social Security and/or Railroad Retirement disability benefits and to budget these funds for the individual’s basic living expenses and to report to Social Security the deposition of these funds.
The Representative Payee provides:
- Individualized help with budgeting and money management
- Help with housing issues and/or finding housing resources
- Help when working with community partners to support the individual’s recovery and community integration.
Who can benefit from this service?
- Residents of Beaver County who are 18 years or older with a mental health/co-occurring disorder diagnosis
- A child of a parent in the Representative Payee Program.
- Individuals that are struggling to maintain stability in the community due to their inability to manage their benefits.