Peer Support Services
Peer Support Services are specialized therapeutic interactions conducted by Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) who have self-identified as current or former participants in behavioral health services. These specialists are extensively trained and certified in supporting others in their Recovery process and integration into the community.
How CPS services work:
- Services will be provided by a CPS and most often on a one-to-one basis.
- Services may also include groups if all participants agree and they have mutual goals &/or objectives. Activities such as WRAP® planning/Advanced Directives are examples of this.
- Appointment dates & times will be directed by the individual participating to best suit their needs.
What are the requirements?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be willing to participate
- Have a diagnosis of a Serious Mental Illness
- Have a recommendation form signed by a licensed practitioner of the healing arts
- A current Psychiatric Evaluation
How to apply for services:
- You can self-refer by visiting or calling the MHA.
- Have a caseworker/social worker make a referral with your consent and signature.
- Let your inpatient treatment team know you want Peer Support Services before discharge
Please contact us at 724-775-4165 if you would like more information about our Peer Support program.
View our 2021-2022 Peer Support Annual Report Here.
View our 2020-2021 Peer Support Annual Report Here.
View our 2019-2020 Peer Support Annual Report Here.
Phoenix Drop-In Center Peer Run Services
- Laundry – Provides a low-cost laundry service for Phoenix Drop-In Center members
- Transportation Support – Provides transportation for grocery shopping and Drop-In Center laundry service for Drop-In Center members.