Family/Child Education Advocate
Family/Child Education Advocacy Program provides assistance to families in need of support for special education concerns and resource information. The Family/Child Education Advocate supports the child’s right to a Free and Appropriate Public Education.
Family/Child Education Advocate:
- Provides individual assistance to those who need help navigating the special education system.
- Troubleshoots general concerns about a student’s school experience.
- Attends meetings or mediation.
- Helps with behavioral intervention ideas.
- Serves as a liaison between the school and the family.
Family/Child Education Advocacy is provided to the following school districts:
- Big Beaver Falls
- Central Valley
- New Brighton
- Western Beaver